- At the counter:
Don’t handle your piercings (even if they are healed) as you may spread bacteria to the studio’s common areas thereby endangering both staff and fellow patrons.
Bring worn jewelry in a baggie or other sealed container.
Never place worn jewelry on the counter or display.
- In the restroom:
Don’t handle your piercings (see above).
It is never appropriate to change your jewelry in the restroom or other locations in the studio.
If you want your jewelry changed at the studio, it should be done by one of the piercers, in the piercing room.
- In the piercing room:
Allow your piercer to direct you to an area where personal belongings may be placed BEFORE setting anything down.
Camera flashes can be very distracting during the performance of a piercing.
Check with your piercer before taking pictures.
Turn off your cell phone.
Although individual studio requirements vary, most will expect you to:
- Bring valid photo identification
- Be completely sober
- Be bathed with hair trimmed or tied back (where applicable)
- Have eaten within 4 hours
- If you are getting a genital or nipple piercing wear suitable, clean underwear/garments/bras
- If possible, avoid Aspirin or other blood thinners
- Have considered any potential health issues i.e. individual who require antibiotics prior to dental work should see their doctor prior to being pierced.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON PIERCING PLEASE VISIT THE ASSOCIATION OF PROFESSIONAL PIERCERS WEBSITE AT WWW.SAFEPIERCING.ORG